Set yourself apart from the start
Begin the certification process today – for you, for your future, for our specialty.
The process starts at the beginning of your residency.
- Begin identifying your cases immediately to determine if they meet the appropriate criteria
- “Banking” cases from your residency helps you achieve certification sooner
- After completing your orthodontic program and passing the ABO Written Examination, you can take the ABO Initial Clinical Examination with cases from your residency
Did you know?*
- 80% of residents plan to get certified
- 71% of residents believe board certification will help them for future employment
- 40% believe it differentiates them from other candidates or validates their skills as an orthodontist
- Residents who begin the process during their program are 75% more likely to complete the certification process
Non-board certified orthodontists speak out too.
- 65% of non-board certified orthodontists considered and/or began certification, but never completed the process*
- 75% of non-board certified orthodontist would still consider certification today*
Don’t become part of these statistics. Get a head start. Check out our Resources now.
*Based on 2014 ABO research study