1. Conform to requirements discussed under Tracings and Superimpositions Overview.
2. Use the same template to trace the maxillary and mandibular incisor and molars so as to
3. Anatomical structures should be identified accurately in preparation for the marking of landmarks and the drawing of reference lines.
4. The soft tissue outline of the facial profile is required for each tracing.
5. All measurements must be recorded on the tracing and on the Case Management Form.
6. The Frankfort Horizontal (FH) line is drawn on all tracings.
7. Craniofacial tracings are superimposed on the anterior cranial base.
Download: Cephalometric Tracing Reference Example
Download: Construction of the Mandibular Plane
If presentation is by electronic case submission (ECS):
An additional record is required - the tracing and lateral cephalogram with a calibration ruler as one digital image; for this image, use black, blue, or red as specified for level of treatment. Note: All cephalograms, with or without a tracing overlay, must have a calibration ruler on the image.